KOOKIN’ FOR KIDS
How can we take a story of struggle and turn it into one of hope?
How do we best fulfill our roles as servant-leaders who give back to the community?
At Pelopidas, these are questions we ask ourselves every day. We strive to create opportunities where few exist. We work to bring meaningful change to those who need it most.
Now entering its 23rd year, Kookin’ for Kids pairs local restaurants with celebrity servers. Guests enjoy some of the most delicious dishes in St. Louis, accompanied by live music and a topnotch silent auction. A mixology competition rounds out the evening.
In 2013 alone, Kookin’ for Kids raised more than $100,000 – providing crucial funding to the children and families served by St. Vincent’s programs.
Our sincere thanks to the generous restaurateurs and celebrities who helped create a brighter story for youth in need.
- Bar Italia
- Elaia & Olio
- Blue Sky Tower Grill
- Glen Echo Country Club
- Herbie’s Vintage 72
- Mathew’s Kitchen
- Kakao Chocolate
- Haveli Indian Restaurant
- Onesto Pizza & Trattoria
- Missouri Athletic Club
- Quincy Street Bistro
- Eau Bistro
- Brasserie by Niche
- Mission Taco Joint
- Pappy’s Smokehouse
- Bissinger’s Handcrafted Chocolate
- Francis G. Slay, Mayor of the City of St. Louis
- Charlie Dooley, St. Louis County Executive
- Joe Keaveny, Missouri State Senator
- Irv Good, All-Pro Offensive Guard, Arizona Cardinals
- Jerry Holloway, Tight End, Arizona Cardinals
- Paul Schankman, Reporter, FOX 2
- Angela Hutti, Meteorologist, FOX 2
- Andy Benes, former Major League Baseball pitcher
- John Diehl, Missouri House of Representatives,
- Bob Duffy, Associate Editor, St. Louis Beacon
- Jennifer Joyce, St. Louis Circuit Attorney
- John Pertzborn, Co-anchor, FOX 2
- Dan Gray, Reporter, News 11
- Tim Jones, Speaker of the Missouri House of Representatives